Here’s a set of six cards I made using a bunny stamp I bought off eBay a while ago. You know the drill;
- Type in ‘clear stamps’ on eBay
- Find tons of results
- Click on ‘Sort by price’
- Frantically buy everything that’s under £2
Sounds familiar? I have bought SO MANY STAMPS with the ‘Well, it’s only two quid’ school of reasoning. This bunny stamp set I’ve just used was one of them.
The thing about buying many stamps at one go is that they tend to go into the stamp drawer and are promptly forgotten. So the plan now is to go through them all, one by one and create a card. That way, I won’t feel as frivolous about my impulsive purchases.
This bunny set was purchased as a used product and I received it without the original packaging,
so I have no idea what the brand is but given that it cost me less than £2, I would imagine it’s a Docraft / Papermania kind of brand. Ok, a quick Google search tells me it’s by Quick Cards, the set is called Some Bunny to Love and it’s designed by Michael Abrams. *pause for a quick hymn of gratitude to Lord Google*
By the looks of it, this set is out of circulation but you can get variations on eBay; just type ‘bunny stamps’ as your search word.
These cards were originally meant to be 4″ x 4″ notecards; I had a bunch of them and thought they might be handy for a quick notelet. What I hadn’t accounted for was that I was going to be using water colours. As this wasn’t water colour paper, it started to buckle and look quite bad.
I went ahead anyway, made six, matted it, added foam squares and stuck that on a 6″ x 6 polka dotted card base. Card buckling problem solved and I think it looks really quite pretty.
Take a look:
And here’s another picture, just because I am ever so pleased with myself 🙂
- The white card stock is 4″ x 4″.
- The images were stamped using black Ranger Archival Ink (very important NOT to use pigment ink or you will have a great big mess on your card; pigment inks are not permanent and the colour runs)
- The images were coloured with Zig Clear Brush pens and with regular water colours
- The stamp set is Some Bunny to love by Quick Cards
- The picture was matted with coloured cardstock
- I added foam squares to the matt and adhered to the card blank.
- Oh and I rounded off all the corners using a 10mm corner punch
I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!