One of the ways to increase your craft stash is to buy magazines like Creative Stamping and Making Cards. There’s always a free gift which could be a stamp set, embossing folder, die cut, card stock or designer paper.
I had bought the June edition of Making Cards which included a number of sheets of background prints along with sentiments and focal images. I think these might also be available as downloads when you buy the magazine.
The images are lovely but the paper quality leaves a lot to be desired. The only way to use them is to matt them.
Here’s what I made over the weekend :
- The card blank was embossed with gold glitter
- I distressed the focal point border and added gold ink around the edges
- Stuck some bling with Tombow
- For this card, I emboassed ‘Happy birthday’ on the card blank
- I distressed the border and added sepia ink around the edges
- Stuck a little bow using a glue dot
I’ve got a some more images from the magazine and I think they will make a nice set of birthday cards. (If only I got that Etsy store going!)
Thanks for stopping by!